- Constitution of India: Historical background - Making of the Indian Constitution - Preamble - Salient features of the Indian Constitution - Fundamental Rights and Fundamental Duties - Directive Principles of State Policy - Schedules to the Indian Constitution.
- Union Executive: President, Vice - President, Prime Minister and Council of Ministers, Attorney General of India.
- Union Legislature: Parliament: Lok - Sabha and Rajya - Sabha - Composition, Powers, Functions and Legislative procedures.
- Union Judiciary: Structure, Powers and Functions of the Supreme Court - Judicial Review - Latest Verdicts.
- State Executive: Governor, Chief Minister - Speaker and Council of Ministers , Advocate General of the State.
- State Legislature: State Legislative Assembly - Organization, Powers and Functions.
- State Judiciary: Organisation, Powers and Functions of High Courts, District Courts and Subordinate Courts.
- Local Government: Historical Development - Features and working of 73rd and 74th Constitutional Amendment Act, 1992.
- Union Territories: Evolution of States and Union Territories - Administration of Union Territories.
- Federalism in India: Centre - State Relations - Centre - State Administrative Relations - Centre - State Legislative Relations and Centre - State Financial Relations.
- Civil Services in India: Historical background - Classification of Civil Services – Recruitment & Training of Civil Servants.
- State Services: Classification of State Services and Recruitment.
- Official Language: Constitutional provision - Official Language Act, VIII Schedule to the Constitution.
- Amendments: Major Amendments to the Indian Constitution.
- Special Status to Jammu & Kashmir: Art 370.
- Political Parties: National & Regional parties, Pressure Groups, Interest Groups, Public Opinion, Mass Media, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and their role.
- Issue Areas in Indian Administration: Corruption in India - Anti - Corruption Measures - CVC - Lok Adalats - Ombudsman - RTI Act - Minister - Secretary Relationship - Generalist Vs. Specialist controversy.
Constitutional and Non-Constitutional Bodies - Composition, Powers and Functions.
Profile of States - Defence, National Security and Terrorism - World Organisations - Pacts and Summits.
- India's Foreign Policy: Foreign Affairs with Special emphasis on India's relations with neighbouring countries and in the region - Security and defence related issues - Nuclear Policy - Issues and conflicts. The Indian Diaspora and its contribution to India and to the World.
- Current Affairs