CENTRAL GOVERNMENT SCHEMES
Pradhan Mantri Gram Sinchai Yojana (PMGSY)-2015
Launched: 01 July 2015
Main Objective: Irrigating the field of every farmer and improving water use efficiency to provide `Per Drop More Crop’.
The scheme is aimed to attract investments in irrigation system at field level, develop and expand cultivable land in the country, enhance ranch water use in order to minimize wastage of water, enhance crop per drop by implementing water-saving technologies and precision irrigation.
All the States and Union Territories including North Eastern States are covered under the programme.
The government has approved Rs.50,000 crore for the implementation of Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana for next 5 years, i.e. up to 2020.
About Complete Scheme
Pradhan Mantri Gram Sinchai Yojana – Substantial reliance on rainfall makes fostering in un-irrigated areas an increased risk, less productive job. Empirical evidence suggests that assured or protective water sources encourage farmers to commit more in farming technology and inputs leading to productivity enhancement and increased farm income.
The overreaching vision of Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY) is to ensure gain access to some means of protective irrigation to all agricultural farms in the country, to produce ‘per drop more crop’, thus bringing much desired non-urban prosperity.
Pradhan Mantri Gram Sinchai Yojana Objectives
The wide objectives of PMKSY include:
1.Achieve convergence of assets in irrigation at the field level
2.Enhance the physical access to water on the farm building and expand cultivable area under assured irrigation
3.Integration of water source, circulation, and its efficient use, to make the best use of water through appropriate technologies and practices.
4.Improve on – farm drinking water use efficiency to reduce wastage and increase supply both in duration and extent.
5.Enhance the usage of precision – water sources and other water conserving technologies
6.Enhance recharge of aquifers and introduce lasting water conservation practices.
7.Ensure the integrated development of rainfed areas using the watershed approach towards ground and water conservation, reconstruction of groundwater, arresting runoff, providing livelihood options and other NRM activities.
8.Promote extension activities relating to water harvesting, normal water management and crop position for farmers and turf root level field functionaries.
9.Explore the feasibility of reusing treated municipal waste products water for peri-urban
10.Attract better private purchases of water sources.
Pradhan Mantri Gram Sinchai Yojana Benefits
PMKSY has the following programme components:
1. Accelerated Irrigation Benefit Program (AIBP)
2. To give attention to the faster completion of ongoing Main and Medium Irrigation including National Projects.
3. Har Khet ko Pani
4. Creation of new drinking water sources through Minor Water sources
5. Repair, restoration, and reconstruction of water bodies
6. Command area development, strengthening, and creation of distribution network from source to the farm;
7. Groundwater development
8. Improvement in water management and distribution system for water bodies
9. Creating and rejuvenating traditional water storage space systems
10. Per Drop More Crop
11.Programme management, preparation of State/District Irrigation Plan, approval of gross annual action plan, Monitoring etc.
12. Promoting efficient normal water conveyance and precision drinking water application devices like trickles, sprinklers, pivots, rain – guns in the plantation (Jal Sinchan);
13. Construction of micro irrigation structures
14. Water lifting devices like diesel/ electric/ solar pump sets including water carriage pipes, undercover piping system.