CENTRAL GOVERNMENT SCHEMES
Swadesh Darshan Yojana-2015
Launched: 09 March 2015
Main Objective: Develop world class tourism infrastructure.
As part of the Swadesh Darshan Scheme, theme based tourism circuits (TBCT) around specific themes such as religion, culture, ethnicity, niche, etc. are identified for infrastructure development across the country.
About Complete Scheme
Objectives of Swadesh Darshan Yojana
Identify and develop theme-based tourist circuits based on interest, sustainability and competitiveness, by integrating resources and local participation of state and local communities.
Theme-based high-interest tourist circuits to include:
1. Pilgrimage and Spirituality – India has a long history of opening itself to all religions and today, each has a vast following in India and overseas. Pilgrimage sites for Hindus, Sufis, Buddhists, Sikhs, Christians, etc., all offer tremendous potential for development.
2. Heritage – Historical places beginning with the Taj Mahal, Red Fort (Delhi), Ajanta Caves, the temples of South, etc., all have tremendous potential for further development.
3. Culture – Themes around festivals, fairs, cattle fairs, community fairs, all continue to attract large number of tourists each year.
4. Eco-tourism – Preserve and promote bio-diversity and ecological conservation through responsible tourism.
Benefits of Swadesh Darshan Yojana
1. Increased local employment opportunities to generate more incomes and lead to an improved quality of life.
2. Preservation of local culture, tradition and customs.
3. Development of hotels, guest houses and home-stay opportunities.
4. Development of tourism-related service support infrastructure like transport, catering, excursions and retail.