CENTRAL GOVERNMENT SCHEMES
One Rank One Pension (OROP) Scheme
Main Objective: To provide same pension, for same rank, for same length of service, irrespective of the date of retirement.
This is not a Modi Government scheme, however, the government is making its efforts to implement the long pending scheme.
ABOUT COMPLETE SCHEME
Main features of OROP
1. The scheme is effective from July 1, 2014 with 2013 as base year. The army men wanted 2015 as base year with the scheme effective from April 1, 2014.
2. The beneficiaries of the scheme will be around three million military personnel. The balance deficits will be paid in four half yearly installments . Furthermore, widows including war widows will get dues in one go.
3. The estimated cost is around Rs 8,000 to 10,000 crore with anticipated increase in future .
4. The government proposed for a five year review, where as military personnel needs an annual review.
5. Initially, those who took voluntary retirement cannot enjoy One Rank One Pension (OROP) .Moreover order created a huge wave of protest across the nation thereby government changed the order. Currently, those who retired before the plan would be entitled with One Rank One Pension (OROP).
6. AAccording to current scenario, all pensioners before 2006 are getting lesser pension than not only their counterparts, but also their juniors .