CENTRAL GOVERNMENT SCHEMES
Launched: 01 July 2015
Main Objective: To provide a secure dedicated personal electronic space for storing the documents of resident Indian citizens.
It is a part of Digital India programme, Digital Locker has been designed to reduce the administrative overhead of government departments and agencies created due to paper work.
It will also make it easy for the residents to receive services by saving time and effort as their documents will now be available anytime, anywhere and can be shared electronically.
ABOUT COMPLETE SCHEME
Benefits of Digital Locker System (DigiLocker):
1. You can upload your all important documents and save them online. Digital Locker services is linked to your unique Aadhaar number.
2. Reduce the use of physical documents.
3. You can share your documents online with any registered requester department or agency.
4. You can access your documents anytime and anywhere.
5. It proved 1 GB dedicated personal storage space.
6. Allow e-Signing of any documents and make them accessible electronically. Digital signature can be done online.
7. Make sure authorized access and privacy to residents’ data.
8. You can download eAadhar from the DigiLocker website.
9. You can also access or use list of requesters which have retrieved your documents and list of issuers which have issued e-documents to you.