CENTRAL GOVERNMENT SCHEMES
PAHAL-Direct Benefits Transfer for LPG (DBTL) Consumers Scheme-2015
Launched: 01 January 2015
Main Objective: To send the subsidy money of LPG cylinders directly into the bank accounts of the consumers and increase efficiency & transparency in the whole system.
Under the scheme, the LPG consumer can now receive subsidy in his bank account by two methods. Such a consumer will be called CTC (Cash Transfer Compliant) once he joins the scheme and is ready to receive subsidy in the bank account.
ABOUT COMPLETE SCHEME
The PAHAL (DBTL) scheme was earlier launched on 1st June 2013 and finally covered 291 districts. It required the consumer to mandatorily have an Aadhaar number for availing LPG Subsidy. The government has comprehensively reviewed the scheme and after examining the difficulties faced by the consumer substantively modified the scheme prior to launch. The modified scheme has been re-launched in 54 districts on 15.11.2014 in the 1st Phase and to be launched in rest of the country on 1.1.2015. The modified scheme is given as unde
1. Options to receive LPG subsidy
Under the modified scheme, the LPG consumer can now receive subsidy in his bank account by two methods. Such a consumer will be called CTC (Cash Transfer Compliant) once he joins the scheme and is ready to receive subsidy in the bank account. The two options are:
*Option I (Primary): Wherever Aadhaar number is available it will remain the medium of cash transfer. Thus, an LPG consumer who has an Aadhaar Number has to link it to the bank account number and to the LPG consumer number.
*Option II (Secondary): If LPG consumer does not have an Aadhaar number, then he can directly receive subsidy in his bank account without the use of Aadhaar number. This option which has now been introduced in the modified scheme ensures that LPG subsidy is not denied to an LPG consumer on account of lack of Aadhaar number. In this option,
Either consumer can
2. Present bank account information (bank account holder name /account number /IFSC code) to the LPG distributor for capture in LPG database
3. Present LPG consumer information (17 digit LPG consumer ID) to his bank
1. A one-time Advance will be provided to every CTC consumer joining PAHAL (DBTL).
2. The Advance will be notified, from time to time and will remain fixed for a financial year.
3. It will remain with the consumer till the time of termination of connection, when it will be finally adjusted.
4. LPG consumers who were provided permanent advance on a previous scale will not be eligible for any differential payment on account of the revision in the permanent advance.